Friday 11 June 2010

Primary Research :D




















































So for my primary research I visited a museum in Nuneaton where they were displaying an apparent 'exhibition' of movie costumes, as I found out on the fashion:lab blog a while ago.. Now, where it took me several hours to find out how to get there, and a long and tedious journey through incredible amounts of snow (I did this before christmas, but it counts!) and spent £17 to get there ... yeah. It wasnt entirely an exhibition. It was one room, with seven costumes in. But seven costumes is more than no costumes and I was spazzing at the pieces nonetheless. I have looked at these for inspiration into the DETAIL that goes into movie costumes and the kind of fabrics they use. Even though it's going on film, no ones really going to touch the costume in question, it still has to look absolutely stunning quality on camera. The camera captures everything so it has to be great. The collection, or seven costumes as it were, included one which is from some of my all time favourite films - INDIANA JONES. The Little Marahja .. uh, which i cant spell. The little kid prince, in 'Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom' great imaginative name :) but a more fantastic film starring Blade Runner star, Harrison Ford - who to be fair is more well known for Indy. On a tangent. The other one was worn by awesome actor Heath Ledger in film 'Cassanova'. Which is not something I have seen but I fell in love with this costume and it has in someways inspired my Mad Hatter.



No comments:

Post a Comment