Sunday 8 November 2009

Gunpowder Celebrations

I know my blog is like .. all over the place, but just for documentation..
For bonfire night, I decided to take Ross to a festival that, even though has apparently been going on for years, I had never even heard of.

The Fireworks Spectacular at Pype Hayes Park.

Nor did I even know where Pype Hayes Park WAS.
Many google map searches later, I found it, and after reaching Chester Road Train station .. realised we didnt actually know which way to walk down the main road, apparently.. nor did everyone else. So after walking the wrong way twice, we finally got there, only to see the 'spectacular' show as we walked down the street. I never heard of a spectacular that only lasted 10 minutes.
Luckily, it wasnt ALL that much of a waste as there was still a HOOG fair, and a even hooger bonfire.
Which I happily stood infront in the pouring down rain and took some photographs of. For something I was pretty darn far away from, I rather like these.

I love making Panoramic shots!



I thought this was a weird shot, since it looks almost like a turtle o.O See?







Actually, at the trainstation, whilst messing around with the camera again.. (see below >.>) ...











We noticed something really WEIRD in the sky. It wasnt a firework, it didnt explode. It wasnt a plane, and it wasnt a helicopter (no sound.) but it flew about like it was being controlled. And in the dark, just looked like a single light.
what the hell!






Hard to get pictures of it moving, hence why it looks like squiggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment