Wednesday 10 February 2010

Somewhere, theres one bald chicken ... but one happy Kirsty.

I know I like, never post, mainly because I lost my freaking password for this thing for ages...

But I gotta say, Ostrichesonline.com, you are made of win!

FINALLY got my feathers, after a few weeks of waiting, who took their sweet time to process my order, then specially dye my Rooster Feathers a nice shade of pastel green, and then CHECK them to make sure they are okay .. but damn those feathers are so nice!

13 bundles of neatly coiled and dyed Coque feathers arrived in a tiny tiny box, and when I unravelled one, it was really good quality. Aside from costing me £65 for them all, including 20 loose ostrich feathers, and smelling slightly of play-doh (becase of the dye) and not telling me it would take that long to dye them on the site until after i ordered them, I am impressed with their products and service.

So yeah, http://www.ostrichesonline.co.uk/ should be on anyone's bookmark list if they like to use feathers in their work!

:D

In other news o.< Got myself another costume comission after Aston Hall, by word of mouth throughout the cast of Actors (whom Matthew told each and everyone very enthusiastically that I had made my own costume in a week and a half.. haha) who are all people who dont sew, just comission them and wear them. So for in a few months time I have to make a lady a Tudor Dress, which wont be any more complicated than my Victorian dress, so shouldnt take long seeing as the regiment already stock made paper patterns and a mountain of fabric over at HQ.. money is money :)
A profitable business, as Birmingham City Council recently sent me a rather handsome cheque of £360 for my Aston-work, for which I got more work! woo, go me :D

Right.. back to making my dragoon-helm frame!

- Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment